Lifestyle & Nutrition
|Life and Love
|My friend opened the drawer of his wife's chest and took a packet wrapped with rice paper: "This, he said, this is not any packet, it is lingerie". He threw away the paper and he observed the beautiful silk and embroidery. "We bought it the first time we went to New York, 8 or 9 years ago. She never
used it. She was keeping it for a special occasion. "Well I think this is the right occasion." He went close to the bed and he put it next to the other things he was going to bring to the funeral home. His wife had just died. Turning towards me he said: "Do not keep anything for a special occasion, every day that you live is a special occasion."
I am still thinking of his words. They have changed my life. Now I read more and clean less. I sit in the terrace and admire the view, without noticing the weeds in the garden. I spend more time with my family and friends and less time working. I understood that life is a succession of experiences to be enjoyed, not survival. I do not keep anything anymore.
I use my crystal glasses every day. I wear a new jacket to go to the supermarket, if I so decide or if I feel like it. I no longer keep my best perfume for special events, I use it every time I want to. The word someday has disappeared from my vocabulary. I am not sure what my friend's wife would have done if she had known that she would have not been here for that tomorrow that every one takes so much for granted. I think she might have called all her relatives and intimate friends. Maybe she would have called some old friends to make amends for an old dispute. I like to think she might have gone to eat some oriental food which was her favourite.
It is these few things not done that would bother me if I knew these were my last hours. Upset because I stopped seeing good friends that I meant to contact someday.... Upset because I did not write those letters I meant to write one day....... Upset and sad because I did not tell often enough to my brothers and sons how much I love them. Now I try not to postpone, keep or not do anything that would add laughter and fun to our lives. And every day I tell myself that this day is special.......everyday, every hour, every minute is special.
- Eat a lot of brown rice
- Give to people more than they expect and do it with grace
- Learn by heart your favorite poem
- Do not believe everything you hear, do not spend all you have
and do not sleep as much as you would like
- When you say "I love you", mean it
- When you say "I am sorry" look at the other in the eyes
- Keep an engagement of at least six months before getting married
- Believe in love at first sight
- Do not ever make fun of other peoples' dreams
- Love deeply and with passion. You may get hurt but it is the only way to
live life fully.
- In case of disagreements be fair. Do not offend
- Do not judge others by their parents
- Speak slowly but think fast
- If someone asks you a question you do not want to answer, smile
- Remember that the biggest loves and major successes entail greater
- Call your mother
- Say "bless you" if someone sneezes
- When you lose do not forget the lesson
- Remember the three R: respect towards yourself, respect towards others
and responsibility for all your actions
- Do not allow a small misunderstanding to damage a big friendship
- When you realize you have made a mistake, correct it immediately
- Smile when you answer the phone, who calls you will hear it in your
- Get married with a man/woman that likes conversation. When you are
old your ability to converse will be more important than any other
- Spend some time in solitude
- Open your arms to change, but do not throw away your values
- Remember that silence sometimes is the best answer
- Read more books and watch less TV
- Live a good and honorable life. Later on when you will be old and you
will remember the past, you will see that you will be able to live it a second time
- Trust in God but lock your car
- A loving mood at home is important. Do everything you can to create a
loving, harmonious and relaxed atmosphere
- When in disagreement with your loved ones, give importance to the
- Do not bring up the past
- Read between the lines
- Share your friends, it is a way to reach immortality
- Be kind with the Earth
- Pray, there is an immense power in prayer
- Do not ever interrupt one that shows you affection or kindness
- Take care of your business
- Do not trust a man or a woman that does not close their eyes
when you kiss them
- Once a year visit a place you have never been before
- If you make a lot of money give to help others while you are still
- This is the best satisfaction that good fortune can give you
- Remember that not obtaining what you want is sometimes a strike of luck
- Learn all the rules and then infringe some
- Remember that the best relationship is the one in which the love between
two people is bigger than the need you have for one another
- Judge your success in relation to what you must renounce to obtain it
- Love and cook with some abandonment "You've got to sing like nobody's
- You've got to love like you'll never get hurt
- You've got to dance like nobody's watching
- You've got to live like it's heaven on Earth!"
Do not keep this message. This tantra totem must be gone from you within 96
hours. Send copies and see what happens in the next four days.
You will have a welcome surprise.
It is the truth even if you are not superstitious.
© Copyright Wholistic Research Company 2001
Click here for additional copyright information.
|Links to Related Articles...|
|Book Reviews : Inspiring Books | Case Studies & Testimonials | Common Health Problems | Complementary Medicine: Treatment & Therapies | Did You Know.........?? | Editor's Private Notebook | Feature Articles | Feng Shui Newsletters | First Time Visitor? | Fitness, Sports & Health | Health Issues In The News | Health Professionals | Healthy Eating! | How Your Body Works | Lifestyle & Nutrition | Meet The Health Team | Positive News Towards Health, Harmony, Happiness